Here’s a list of products I’ve recently discovered and am loving. I should point out that this list is not sponsored so my reviews are honest and completely unbiased (I don’t know about you, but I always find overly-sponsored product lists annoying as it’s tough to tell what’s genuine and what’s not). If any of these interest you, check them out and let me know what you think!
- Bear Naked Nail Wipes by Josie Maran – nail polish remover tends to be smelly and chemically and I never feel good about soaking my fingers and toes in it. So, when I discovered this more natural alternative, I was intrigued. These are multitasking nail wipes formulated to remove nail polish, repair dry cuticles, and promote healthy nails… and they smell great (grapefruit scented) and are acetone free. They work well on light nail polish colours, but getting dark colors off with these can be a bit more challenging. Still, I’m a fan and recommend them. Pick some up in store or online through Sephora.
- Barr-Co. Hand Sanitizer – I have been hooked on this yummy-smelling hand sanitizer since I found it in my stocking on Christmas morning. It smells of milk, oatmeal, and vanilla and leaves hands soft and smelling nice without the heavy smell of alcohol that is typical in most drug-store varieties. Find it at Anthropologie, or hunt it down online.
- Mio Future Proof Body Butter – I stumbled across this stuff in the Fall and have been in love ever since. My skin gets dry and I love a good, thick body butter that keeps my skin smooth, silky, and hydrated. The best part about this product is that Mio has a “no nasties” policy, meaning they use only good-for-you ingredients and their line is free from parabens, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance and colourants, xenoestrogens, PEGs, glycols and pthalates. The line is from the UK and they ship to the US but not Canada… but not to worry, my Canadian friends! Many stores in Canada carry Mio products. In Vancouver, check out the always great Beautymark in Yaletown (they ship too if you don’t live here!) and see if they have any in stock.
- Mama Mio Pregnancy Products – a pregnancy line from the same women behind Mio, this stuff is the bomb. I stocked up on the “Tummy Rub Butter”, “Tummy Rub Oil”, and “The Boob Tube” products as soon as I found out I was expecting and have been applying it daily ever since. Like Mio, this stuff is made with the same “no nasties” policy, so mamas-to-be don’t have to worry about chemicals as they lather this stuff on their expanding bodies to ward off stretch marks. I don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m at 28 weeks with no sign of stretch marks so there you go, I must be doing something right!
- Ole Henriksen Nurturing Cleansing Cloths/Makeup Remover – at the end of the day, I want to take my makeup off as quickly as possible. These cloths are gentle and remove all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara, and cleanse the skin all in one easy step, and they smell great. Even better, they are free of gross things like parabens, sulfates, and pthalates. Get them at Sephora.
- Kérastase Masquintense for Thick Hair – this conditioning mask/masque works so well on my dry, thick, curly, colored, frequently-heated hair. I just started using it one-to-two times a week as my conditioner and I’ve noticed that it leaves my hair super soft and shiny without weighing my hair down. You can find this at any salon that sells Kérastase products.
So, there’s my list for Spring 2015. Hopefully you like these as much as I do!