Birthday parties, brunches, and breweries (not so fun for me these days)… that pretty much sums up this past weekend. Here’s my recap of what I got up to…
Following a busy week of socializing (including dinner with my friend P at Homer Street Cafe & Bar on Wednesday, and dinner with my friend E at Tacofino (Gastown) on Thursday), the name of the game this past weekend was go go go.
- Drinks and conversation about New York, Curacao, Vancouver real estate, and lawyering at the bar at Blue Water Cafe with my friend R. I have always liked the Blue Water bar and now that I’m pregnant, I really appreciate that they have a good list of non-alcoholic drinks!
- We hosted brunch at our place for two couples and their adorable little babies, M and T. Perhaps foolishly, I woke up early to make orange cranberry oatmeal muffins, smoked salmon frittata, and fruit salad, which we served with yogurt, fresh bread, jam and coffee.
- Birthday Party #1: Brewcycle! This event was to celebrate our friend A’s birthday and involved friends going from craft brewery to craft brewery (including 33 Acres and Strange Fellows) on their bikes. A totally fun idea with (non-pregnant) friends. My husband D took part in the beer and the cycling aspects, whereas I just met up with the group at the last stop and tried not to feel too jealous while everyone sipped on their beers.
- Birthday Party #2: Pizza! Our friend C celebrated his birthday by renting out a cute little pizza place on West 16th Ave called Corduroy Pie Company. I hadn’t heard of it before, but the pizza was yummy and it was a fun little space that worked well for a get-together of about 30 people. We caught up with friends and stuffed ourselves with bread and cheese…
- Birthday Party #3: Birthday Cake! Our next stop that night was a house party near Commercial Drive. Our friends S and A, who are engaged, share the same birthday week and hosted a joint birthday party. We stopped in here for cake and more socializing, and then I turned into a pumpkin and had to go home and go to bed.
- I met up with my friend S for brunch at Danica’s Cafe, a new-ish place that took over the old Medina spot on Beatty Street in Crosstown. The food was good and more importantly, it was fun to catch up with S and hear about her upcoming vacation plans to New Orleans, and Australia and New Zealand. I think I’m planning to live vicariously through her…
- Before meeting up with friends in the late afternoon, D and I grabbed a drink, nibbled on popcorn, and listened to live music at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Lobby Lounge (another place with a good list of non-alcoholic drinks!) prior to meeting some friends.
- Then, we went over to our friends M and T’s place in Coal Harbour to see them and their little baby, N. He is sooo cute, and growing so fast. We had a good visit, and got lots of parenting tips from them.
- Swimming! I’ve been meaning to start swimming in our building’s pool more regularly, so D and I went for a dip before dinner. It was nice to feel weightless and I think I’m going to try to incorporate more pool time in the next couple of months.
- Lastly, we made dinner and I got ready for my Monday (which meant packing up my Lululemons for pre-natal bootcamp after work) before calling it a night.
All-in-all, a good but exhausting weekend! Thanks to everyone who was a part of it!