I always know it’s going to be a good weekend when Seattle is involved. I love that city and promise to do a more comprehensive Seattle post soon. It has great food, good shopping, and it has a casual coolness to it… not to mention they’ve got that happy hour thing down. I spent my weekend split between there and Vancouver and it was a good one. My recap of the weekend is below…
We left for Seattle after work on Friday and arrived in time for happy hour. It was our friend I’s birthday weekend and his girlfriend V organized a weekend getaway for them. We thought we would crash the party on Friday and they didn’t seem to mind!
- check into The W Hotel (Downtown) at about 6pm
- do some shopping downtown before heading to Belltown… (I got jeans, 2 dresses, and a skirt).
- pre-dinner cocktails at Clever Bottle – cute little space with a good list of craft cocktails and wine
- dinner at Tavolata – amazing pasta dishes, good wine list, cool space with concrete, wood and high ceilings, and long communal table in the center of the room
- night-cap(s) at The Whisky Bar
- breakfast to-go from Dahlia’s Bakery
Then, it was back to Vancouver – D had to work and I had a modern calligraphy workshop with Written Word Calligraphy + Design at West Elm Market on South Granville. The workshop was something I have wanted to do for awhile and my husband bought it for me as part of my Christmas gift (the other part of the gift was the Mackage leather jacket I was coveting – thanks Love!). The woman behind these workshops, Karla, started her calligraphy business last year and does wedding stationary, etc. If you’re anything like me and love stationary + creative projects, you might enjoy this too! Check out her website here for info on when her next workshops are, and/or check her out on Instagram at @writtenwordcalligraphy.
Oh! And most exciting of all, I’m an auntie again! My sister had her baby girl, E, yesterday. E was due January 3rd but realized she had it pretty good in there and didn’t want to come out. She is cute as a button and healthy and has a ton of hair. Welcome Baby E! I can’t wait to spoil you!
Hope you had a good weekend too!