I had a great weekend. It was festive and centered around quality time spent with good people, plus a little bit of holiday prep. Here’s my recap of how it went and what I got up to:
- Flow yoga class at YYoga with my friend N – nothing like some down dogs to start the weekend.
- Post-yoga dinner and visiting at my place with N and another girlfriend, V. Grilled cheese & tomato soup – the perfect comfort food dinner to match the gloomy weather.
- Hair colour appointment at Suki’s – now I have holiday-party ready hair!
- Brunch date with my husband, D, at L’Abattoir – the restaurant’s first day ever serving brunch! Yum! It was soooo good. From the personalized french presses brought to your table (serving my favorite, JJ Bean coffee) to the pastry basket brought to your table before the mains arrive (those jelly donuts, amazing!), they handled brunch like old pros and I’m already looking forward to going back to try more on their menu.
- Then… holiday shopping on South Granville with N. I bought a few presents and some new cookie cutters for myself from Williams-Sonoma.
- Christmas Party time – the managing partner of my former firm (earlier this year I changed jobs, leaving private practice) hosts a great big holiday open house each year at his home and it is party I love going to. There are always lots of people to visit with and catch up, plus it’s festive and always catered with an insane amount of food and an impressive bar, so for that alone I’m always excited to go.
- Birthday brunch with a group of girlfriends at the Flying Pig (Yaletown) to celebrate my friend’s birthday.
- Coffee with my friend’s C and K at Small Victory bakery – it just opened a few weeks ago in Yaletown and is really cute, with good bread/baked goods/coffee (plus cream on gold tap!) and is a perfect addition to the neighborhood.
- Then… I came home to find that D has moved the foosball table out of our den and the desk into it, making it a perfect little bright and airy office space (our spare bedroom used to be the office, but it’s time to change things up a bit). Now we have the perfect workspace for, you know, the important stuff, like online shopping and photo editing.
- Butter tart baking marathon – holiday baking begins (and continues for several hours)!
Hope you had a good weekend too!