I love weekends and I love the holidays, so I really enjoy weekends this time of year when it’s starting to feel festive and the avalanche of holiday parties begin. This weekend was the perfect kick-off to the holiday season and showcased so much of what I love about Vancouver. Here’s a recap of the socializing, eating, and fun that I got up to:
- Spa Date with my friends E + R at the Fairmont Pacific Rim’s Willowstream Spa. Massages, steam room, infinity shower, lounging in robes, and catching up – the perfect way to start the weekend.
- Post massage drinks at the Pacific Rim’s lobby lounge bar. There is always such entertaining people watching at that place and it is packed on Friday nights, making it a good place to grab a drink or two before heading out to dinner…
- Dinner at L’Abattoir in Gastown. One of my absolute favorite restaurants. Yum!
- Hello winter! The first snowfall of the season took place overnight and it was sunny, cold, and crisp – a beautiful scene to wake up to.
- Brunch with my friend L at Chambar, my favorite brunch place lately… the food and atmosphere is excellent and they take reservations for brunch online, which is so civilized! (I really hate waiting in line for brunch).
- Haircut and the perfect blowdry at Suki’s salon downtown.
- Holiday shopping begins! I checked out the massive sale at Holt Renfrew, spent some time in Chapters, and then hit my favorite boutiques in Yaletown. I wound up finding some presents for the little kids in our life, stocking stuffers for my husband, D, and a gift for my sister…shopping success!
- Next up… Raw Canvas in Yaletown for Keltie Leanne Designs‘ holiday pop-up shop featuring her beautiful jewelry line. Keltie is a dear friend of ours (she’s known D since university and she is awesome) and a jewelry designer to watch out for. It was a fun event and a great opportunity to see all the pieces she has been working on. I bought the gilt bracelet in black spinel and gold and haven’t taken it off since. Her pieces make a great holiday gift and you should check out her online store here!
- Housewarming party in East Van for our friends, D + J, at their new home in East Van.
- Carrot cake baking time! Check out my recipe here.
- Pit-stop at The Cross Decor & Design to pick up a hostess present for my friend, A (Chocohappy gingerbread and caramel chocolates + a Voluspa candle).
- Girls’ only holiday party at A’s gorgeous house (I have serious house envy after seeing her stylishly-decorated, magazine-ready home). I brought my carrot cake, which I did not screw up and managed to transport in one piece (success!) to contribute to the amazing food spread.
- Dinner date at home with my husband and an episode of House of Cards before bed – not a bad way to end the weekend and get ready for the week ahead.
Hope you had a great weekend too!