Fall is off to a good start, with a few trips out of town, some socializing and enjoying some beautiful sunny days. It’s been a really low-key month but in the best possible way. Here’s a little bit of what I’ve been up to in the first half of October…
- Weekend trip to Victoria, BC – our friends K & J got married at the iconic Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria and it was a beautiful wedding! D’s dad (who conveniently lives in Victoria) babysat Baby N while me and D got to enjoy the wedding baby-free. Yay! The rest of the weekend was spent walking around Victoria, having brunch (we got to check out this cute place with a great patio called 10 Acres), and visiting family. It was nice and relaxing and good to have a change of scenery.
- Socializing with friends… a few dinners at friends’ places, seawall walks, picnics, and coffee dates.
- Shopping – I bought these awesome grey Citizens jeans at Aritzia that I had been coveting and I love them so much.
- Celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving in Powell River, BC, at my parents’ house. It’s so relaxing there – it’s a big house on the ocean and there is not much to do there except for read and nap. Pretty great, huh? We were stuffed with delicious food and drinks for 5 days straight and must go on a diet now. It was Baby N’s first trip to their house and I think he liked it!
- Reading Mindy Kaling’s Why Not Me? She is hilarious. I have a list of novels I’ve been meaning to read but I haven’t been in the mood to read them, and a lighthearted funny book is about all I have the energy for. If you like her show, The Mindy Project (or funny, smart women, for that matter) you’ll enjoy this book.
- Planning our upcoming trip to New Zealand! That’s right – we leave in November and will be gone for over a month! We are completely behind in terms of planning and getting organized but I’m sure it will all fall into place. Right? Are we crazy for traveling with our little bug for so long? Perhaps! Stay tuned for more trip details!