After scouring the stores, Instagram, and magazines, I’ve come up with my curated list of Fall 2015 essentials. Actually nothing on this list is essential except for the raincoat and maybe the tea, but I find it’s easier to justify the expenses when you tell yourself these things are essential. Shopping details and my commentary are below!
- Colourful print yoga pants – buh-bye solid colour yoga pants. These patterned pants are sweeping yoga studios everywhere and are a fun take on a classic staple. I like the Teeki ‘Clouds Hot Pant’ leggings shown above, as well as the Onzie ‘Print High Rise’ legging, both available at Nordstrom. And here’s the cool thing about the Teeki brand – all of their products are made from recycled goods, like plastic bottles. So there you go, you can have fun yoga pants and save the planet. Win-win.
- Charlotte Tilburry “Magic Cream Treat & Transform Moisturizer” – this cream is expensive, but for good reason. It has a bunch of anti-aging stuff in it and hydrates the skin to give you a glowing complexion. After sunny summer days and with the onset of colder weather, show your skin some TLC. Also available at Nordstrom.
- Lululemon’s Right As Rain Jacket – I just got this jacket for my birthday and love it already. Good for everyone and anyone but especially for moms pushing a stroller in rainy weather when you don’t have a free hand to hold an umbrella. You can pick one up for yourself in a Lulu store or online.
- Coco Chai Rooibus tea – I’ve been enjoying this blend from David’s Tea on colder, crisp Fall days. It’s a caffeine-free rooibos, with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and piquant pink peppercorns with a hint of coconut. Try it straight up or infused in hot milk for a chai latte.
- Embellished owl iPhone case – protect your phone with this adorable phone case from Kate Spade.
- Saje Essentials Lavender & Friends Relaxing Body Wash – I received this body wash as a gift from a friend of mine who recently began working for the company, and I really like it. Available in Saje stores and online.
- Hobo Bag – I did not make this name up, this is the style of handbag that is everywhere this season. While I don’t usually have any desire to dress in a way that is akin to hobos, I like this Marc by Marc Jabobs “New Q Hillier” Hobo bag with an adjustable strap. You can find one at Nordstrom.
- Boots – the flip flops have been put away and it’s time to bust out the boots. I got some cute Kelsi Dagger ones last year from Moule that resemble these more amazing, more expensive Pistol Short ones from Gravity Pope.
- Dark red nail polish – with the new season comes new polish colours. I like this mulberry shade called “Bitches Brew” from Deborah Lippmann.
- Diptyque candles – my friend L showed me these Diptyque candles recently and they are so nice. And pricey. Perhaps too pricey for a candle. I’ll let you decide. Diptyque is a luxury brand from Paris that makes perfumes, scented candles, home fragrances and body care products. The “Baises” scent is their most popular but they have a whole roster to choose from. Available at Nordstrom.
- Leather jacket – a staple item to have in your closet, I’m a big fan of the Mackage leather jackets and they will last you for years. The black pebble style shown above is a classic. Available at Aritzia and Nordstrom.
- Grey skinny jeans – I love these Citizens of Humanity “Rocket” skinnies. They’re soft and the right amount of casual that will easily become a staple in your Fall wardrobe. Available at Aritzia and Nordstrom.
One thought on “Fall Shopping List”
Thanks for sharing! I “need” some new boots I might look into these.